In two previous blog postings, I noted how Autodesk DWF Viewer 6.5 allowed for finer control of printing. This was possible via a registry setting. For Autodesk DWF Viewer 7.0, this same functionality has been added to the user interface (UI) via the Print dialog instead of a registry setting.
The ability to select between:
- Center on paper (formerly REG_DWORD pplsvpPlacementModifier = 0 in Autodesk DWF Viewer 6.5)
- Center in printer margins (formerly REG_DWORD pplsvpPlacementModifier = 1)
- Align to upper left
- Align to upper right
- Align to lower left (formerly REG_DWORD pplsvpPlacementModifier = 2)
- Align to lower right
is enabled when:
- Scale is selected instead of Fit to page.
- Clip pages is selected instead of Tile pages.
By replacing a little known registry setting with a more intuitive user interface, the new Autodesk DWF Viewer makes it easier to get DWF files to the paper as desired.