We know no one reads the read me. :-) On the other hand, many Beyond the Paper subscribers have blog articles delivered as RSS feeds. Listing the known issues from the read me as a blog article allows them to be delivered via RSS readers. This provides a convenient way of viewing the Autodesk DWF Viewer 7.0 Read Me. The known issues include:
- If a computer has the Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (KB912945) installed, Internet Explorer's script debugging must be disabled.
Solution: In Internet Explorer, choose Tools > Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, under Browsing, verify that both Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer) and Disable Script Debugging (Other) options are checked. Click OK.
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 7 is supported via a hotfix.
- Microsoft® Windows XP Professional x64 edition is not supported.
- In Windows 2000, DWF files can not be searched using the Windows search command.
- Printing of fill patterns fails on some printers.
- Installing AutoCAD 2005 with the older Autodesk Express Viewer on a computer that already has Autodesk DWF Viewer 7.0 installed breaks Autodesk DWF Viewer 7.0.
Solution: Reinstall DWF Viewer 7.0.
- If you are experiencing poor video display performance, update the graphics card device driver to the latest version. If performance does not improve, disable hardware acceleration by choosing Tools > Options, selecting the Model tab, and unchecking the Enable hardware acceleration option.
- When inserting an Autodesk DWF Viewer Control object in PowerPoint, choosing the “Create from file” option instead of the “Create new” option provides different menu choices when you right-click the object on the slide.
- Textures may not display properly when hardware acceleration is enabled.
Solution: Disable hardware acceleration by choosing Tools > Options, selecting the Model tab, and unchecking the Enable hardware acceleration option.
- On older computers, updating Autodesk DWF Viewer 6.5 to Autodesk DWF Viewer 7.0 (Help > Check for Updates...) may not work properly. After restarting the computer and starting Autodesk DWF Viewer 7.0, you may receive the "MSVCP71.dll cannot be located" error.
Solution: Manually uninstall Autodesk DWF Viewer 6.5. Then download and install Autodesk DWF Viewer 7.0.
- In a DWF file that contains print-disabled sheets, printing a range using the Print from: option may produce an error message and disable the Print command.
Solution: Restart the program, re-open the DWF file, and print all sheets in the DWF file.
- AutoCAD 2007 composite DWF files, and DWF files with the following items or characteristics:
- Bill of materials
- FEA results
- Inventor representations
- Measure- or print-disabled sheets
- Rotated images
Solution: Upgrade to the latest version of DWF Viewer.