Many DWF users are also Buzzsaw users. Autodesk is pleased to announce the availability of a Buzzsaw update.
A summary of the new features includes:
- Create Companies - The Site Administration module now includes a “Companies” tab. Site Administrators can set up Companies in the database by importing or by manually entering the data.
- Apply Attributes to Members and Companies - Site Administrators can associate attributes (such as trade, location, rating, status) with either Companies or Members. Attributes are editable and configurable by Site Administrators.
- New capabilities for Project Administrators - Project Administrators with “add member” privileges can now import Members, re-send Welcome Emails, and edit and delete Members associated with their projects.
- Project-Level Groups - Groups can now be created at the project level.
- Updated User Interface - Actions are now available from the right-click menu. Buttons along the right hand side have been removed and replaced with new icons at the top of the page. Create Groups and Companies directly from the Site Member list using the right-click menu.
- New Add Member dialog - The existing interface has been updated to provide Administrators with a more comprehensive view of Member properties and information.
- Visually verify Member Permissions - See how your Site Members can access your Site and Project information. Verify the permissions set for Site Members by viewing the Project Membership information in the “tree” view.
- Enhanced Grouping, Filtering and Sorting of Project Members - The filtering of members has been made easier. Throughout Buzzsaw you can filter members by their associated company, member status, or enable/disable status.
- Copy Members and Groups - You can now quickly copy a member profile or directly from the member list, making it easier to add multiple users to the site at once.
- Enhanced Email Configuration - Set Email Preferences to control which administrative actions should send automatic emails to members and administrators
Download the updated Buzzsaw client application (also known as ProjectPoint) now:
- Simplified Chinese:
Integration with project collaboration management solutions is one of the ways DWF goes beyond the paper. The ability to obtain design data electronically is less expensive, faster, and more up to date than what can be done by shipping paper to various locations.