We had and still have many requests to provide access to the Autodesk Design Review 2008 MSI file. During the Nile Beta we decided not to share it on a large scale but did provide access on a “per request basis” – that seemed to have worked well.
Now with the Autodesk Design Review 2008 product having been released, there is no further reason to stop distributing the MSI file on a larger scale. You will also find a link to the DWF Writer MSI file.
These MSI files contain the exact same versions of the applications that you would get if you installed them using the EXE-based installers. We also take the opportunity to share some tips with you that should make the whole deployment experience easier for you.
To create the MST file and deploy the program:
- Download orca (In the Windows SDK)
- Read Autodesk instructions for a silent install http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_paper/2007/02/free_autodesk_d.html.
- Watch this introduction to creating MST's with Orca
- Open the MSI file, create a MST, and add the two required parameters.
- Create a group policy object to deploy the program, making sure you choose advanced and add the transform file you just created.