recently broadcasted the availability of an upgrade to its Océ Repro Desk® Server software. Customers operating on Océ Repro Desk Server 1.X and Oce Repro Desk 4.X platforms can now upgrade to Océ Repro Desk Server 1.6.5. Océ Repro Desk Server software enables commercial reprographers to connect their print shops electronically with their AEC customers and streamline workflow from design desktop to digital print room.
Key benefits and features included:
- New device support - Océ Repro Desk Server 1.6.5 now provides support for the new Océ TDS700 and the Océ TDS320 printers. Also, Océ Repro Desk Scan Server support has been added for the Océ TDS450. Océ Repro Desk Server continues to support other Océ printers.
- Océ Client Tools(TM) 1.6.5 - A new version of Océ Client Tools software is now available and can be downloaded at no charge from http://www.oceusa.com/ClientTools . This release of Océ Client Tools incorporates the latest Autodesk support mentioned
DWF Issues Resolved:
- The line attributes of short lines (length 0) was not being rendered correctly. The correct weight and cap style was not being applied. In some cases this produced fill patterns to render incorrectly.
In some uncommon cases AutoCAD 2007 produced DWF packages with multiple sections whose names differ only by case. This resulted in a section name collision and some of the sections could not be rendered. With the PDK 18.104.22.168, all the sections in these DWF files can be rendered. This was only a problem with some DWF large DWF files published from AutoCAD 2007.
- When outputting objects with a color alpha value of 0 (100% transparent) and rendering with kGrayPalette or kPalette, the objects rendered opaque. Some apps needlessly add transparent geometry to DWF for hyperlinks, this geometry requires a 32-bit color space. The PDK has been corrected to handle these 100% transparent objects when using either the kGrayPalette or kPalette color space. The problem was detected on hyperlink areas in DWF files published by Autodesk Revit.
MinLineWeight now applies to lines and dots. Before this change dots rendered as single pixels. Now calling SetMinLineWeight will affect both lines and dots. The problem was detected in fill patterns that appeared too light. The dots were not large enough to yield the same amount of darkness compared to AutoCAD output.
Océ Client Tools software continues to help users simplify printing by making digital print job submission fast, easy, reliable and secure and will help architects and designers:
- Eliminate the need to create plot files
- Save time by batch processing AutoCAD® DWF and DWG(TM) files
- Reduce mistakes and waste by enabling digital file previewing of exactly what will be printed, avoiding the need to print check plots
- AutoCAD 2006 support - Support is now available in both Océ Repro Desk Server and Océ Client Tools 1.6.5 for AutoCAD 2006. Additionally, Océ Client Tools 1.6.5 is backwards compatible and will support printing to any 1.6 version of the Océ Repro Desk Server. Also, support is now available for Autodesk Land Desktop 2006, which previously has not been supported.
- DWF Design Web Format processing - DWF processing is supported better than ever via an updated Autodesk toolkit.