I thought that this recent conversation in our Autodesk Design Review Discussion Group would be worth sharing:
Customer inquired..“Will materials/textures from AutoCAD MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) publish over to the Autodesk Design Review software? I would like to see the rendered view in Design Review like the shade mode in AutoCAD MEP 2008. Brick, CMU, etc... Any way this is possible?”
Chris Blocher, Senior Technical Writer at Autodesk, replied...“If I understand what you're asking,
- In AutoCAD, choose File > Publish.
- In the Publish dialog box, select the model you want to publish in the list and, under the Page Setup / 3D DWF column heading, change <Default: None> to <3D DWF>.
- Under Publish To, verify that DWF File is selected.
- Click Publish Options.
- In the Publish Options dialog box, under 3D DWF Options, the second option is Publish With Materials. Set that to Yes.
- Click OK and finish publishing the file.”
Customer replied..."The publish option works fine... as long as you remember to set your material search path in the options dialog box. Thanks for the input.”