Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage 2010 software is a complete review solution for design and construction management professionals seeking powerful insight and predictability to improve productivity and project quality. 3D design data, both geometry and information, can be combined, regardless of authoring design tools or file size.
Autodesk Navisworks combines precise fault-finding analysis and interference management together with dynamic 4D project schedule simulation and photorealistic visualization. Entire project models can be published and freely viewed in NWD and 3D DWF™ formats.
Today we cover two new features - both can be found in Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage 2010. Most of the other new features can be located in a similar article here (covering new features of Autodesk® Navisworks® Review 2010).
The TimeLiner tool adds 4D schedule simulation to Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2010. TimeLiner imports schedules from a variety of sources, allows you to connect objects in the model with tasks in the schedule and simulate the schedule showing the effects on the model, including planned against actual schedules. TimeLiner also allows the export of images and animations based on the results of the simulation. TimeLiner will automatically update the simulation if the model or schedule changes.
Changes to the TimeLiner tool support improved integration with third-party planning tools, and make adding and editing dates more intuitive.
- Copy and paste TimeLiner dates
- Import and export support for the CSV file format
- Attach a selection to multiple TimeLiner tasks.
The Clash Detective tool enables effective identification, inspection, and reporting of interferences (clashes) in a 3D project model. It can help you to reduce the risk of human error during model inspections. One can use it as a one-off 'sanity check' for a completed design work, or it can be used as an ongoing audit check of the project. You can also use Clash Detective to conduct clash tests between traditional 3D geometry (triangles), and laser-scanned point clouds.
Managing multiple clashes has been enhanced, and contextual analysis of a clash relative to the model has been improved.
- Group clash results into folders and subfolders to manage large numbers of clashes or related clashes
- Review clash results in the context of its surrounding geometry
- By modifying Clash Detective results display options (enable Dim Other and disable Hide Other), you can make surrounding geometry transparent when reviewing clashes
- Smoothly zoom between clashes when reviewing multiple clashes
- A Reviewed status can be applied to a clash to indicate that a clash has been reviewed but not yet resolved
- Create a new clash rule to ignore clashes between objects that are connected, as identified by specific properties on each item, or parent item
What do you make of the new release of Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage 2010?
Please share any feedback, comments or suggestions you may have.