In Autodesk Design Review 2011, how to print transparent text isn’t very, well, transparent. A known issue in 2D drawings, transparent text may print to PDF, XPS, and paper as solid text.
For example, this drawing has a textual markup with 70% transparency.
Here’s the workaround to retaining the text’s transparency on output.
- Apply the ADR_2011_Hotfix to Design Review 2011.
- Start Design Review and open the 2D file with the transparent text.
- Open the Print dialog box and click Advanced. The Advanced Print Options dialog box opens.
- Under Pre-process Bitmaps, select Turn Data into a Bitmap Before Printing.
- Click OK to apply the setting.
- Click OK again to print the file.
The drawing’s transparent text will be retained.