As part of Amazon project, beta testers need a place to upload DWF files. The customer files section of the Autodesk discussion group forum has a 2MB limit on uploaded files. So John Schmier and I decided to provide public write access to a section of my Buzzsaw site. Although Buzzsaw users can access it using the ProjectPoint client application, I am providing instructions here as to how files can be uploaded using the industry standard WebDAV interface. Here are the steps.
- Invoke Internet Explorer.
- From the File menu, select open.
Specify a web address of https://webfolders.buzzsaw.com/ConstructionManagement. ConstructionManagement is the name of my Buzzsaw site. Be sure to specify https to get the secure protocol. Be sure to check open as Web Folder.
- For the login dialog, specify (public) as the user name. Be sure to include the parentheses. Leave the password item blank.
- You should then see a set of folders.
Amazon is the one with public write access. Double click on it.
- You can now drag and drop files from Windows Explorer into this Amazon folder. You will add files to the ones that are already there.
All beta participants have full access to all files in this folder. We are a cooperative bunch; however, please keep this in mind and do not drag and drop any company sensitive files to this folder. If you are not yet involved in the Amazon beta, what are you waiting for?
We are anxious to help customers who have found that large and complicated projects can be shared using DWF as a format. Electronic sharing does offer more than paper.