Note: Microsoft Word is used for the examples below. Embedding DWF files within other Microsoft Office applications may vary slightly. This feature is supported for Microsoft Office 2000 and later.
- From the application main menu select "Insert > Object.” From the "Object” dialog, under "Object Type” select "Autodesk DWF Viewer Control” from the list of options. Click "OK.”
- Autodesk DWF Viewer appears on the page at the insertion point as an ActiveX control. You can resize the control to fit your needs.
- Click on the Autodesk DWF Viewer control to select it and right mouse click on the control to view the context menu.
- To select a DWF file to embed, from the context menu, select "Autodesk DWF Viewer Control Object > Properties.” The control properties dialog appears.
- Click the "Browse” button to select a file locally or type in a URL to the DWF file in the "Path to the file you wish to view” field.
- Once you’ve selected the DWF file to embed, you can also choose to embed a copy of the DWF within the Word document itself or you can leave the file as an external resource. To embed the DWF within the Word document itself, check the checkbox option "Do you want to embed a copy of this file in the parent document?”
- To run the Autodesk DWF Viewer control and view the DWF file within your document, you’ll need to select the "Design Mode” button from the "Control Toolbox” toolbar. This button switches between design and run modes. When in Design Mode, you can change the control’s settings for Autodesk DWF Viewer and edit the path to the DWF file. When in "Run” mode you can view the DWF file and run Autodesk DWF Viewer as an application within your Office applications