Here are some tips for DWF from our Senior Product Manager for DWF, Diane Li.
1. Use AutoCAD's built-in Publish or Plot commands. Do not plot to the DWF Writer from AutoCAD, since this approach lacks design metadata and can result in a 90 degree rotated DWF.
2. Publish from layouts, not modelspace.
3. Use Publish, not Plot for the easiest, most powerful publishing.
- Batch publish single- or multi-sheet DWFs
- Tools > Options
5. Publish DWFs from the Sheet Set Manager.
- One button Publish
- Fixed in 2008: When using the Publish with Page Setup Override option to create a DWF file, AutoCAD 2008 honors the Sheet Set Publish Options enabling you to publish to a multi-sheet DWF file.
In Design Review
See Bookmarks that display the sheet set hierarchy
6. Publish DWFx files to share with Microsoft Vista users.
- Download DWFx driver from http://www.autodesk.com/autocad/
Select Services and Support > Data & Downloads > Utilities and Drivers
7. Roundtrip and republish DWF files with markups.
8. Import DWF in AutoCAD as underlay.
- Control over visibility of layers - select the DWF Layers option from the right-click menu with a DWF file selected, or use the DWFLAYER command.
9. Publish and Email DWFs (shell extension).
- Right click on a DWG in Explorer
- Select from Publish DWF, Publish DWF and Email options
10. Customize DWF6 ePlot.pc3.
- Publish high-resolution (dpi) for viewing, measuring
11. Publish block attributes. More...
12. 3DDWF publish – available from Publish dialog.
Any questions? Let me know!