Autodesk Design Review 2009 has several predefined layouts called workspaces to facilitate various review workflows. Users can also create and share custom workspaces.
Today's article provides step by step detail as to how to go about sharing workspaces.
1. From Windows Explorer, copy the layout(s) you want to share from the SavedLayouts folder.
- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review\9.0\userdata\SavedLayouts
- Vista: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review\9.0\userdata\SavedLayouts
Note: Don’t rename the workspace file name.
2. Share the layout(s) with the recipient(s) by email, post to a shared location, etc.
3. Each recipient will need to place the shared workspace file(s) into the appropriate folder (see the path in step "1." on his or her computer.
4. Start Design Review and choose Window > Workspaces to see the new shared workspace(s) displayed at the bottom of the list.
Tip: Since the layout files are named strangely, use the Date Modified attribute to help you find the one you want.
If the workspace creator changes the original workspace, it will have to be reshared with the recipient. There is no connection between a workspace that has been shared.