Some of you may have noticed that the symbol import functionality is no longer part of the stamp menu item in Autodesk Design Review 2009.
So where did it go?
This is part of the ongoing user interface (UI) redesign in the Autodesk Design Review product and symbols have been given their very own icon in the Autodesk Design Review 2009 release .
So what does that mean for the user?
Functionality remains the same, but steps for the process have been changed slightly. Details are as follows:
Autodesk Design Review 2008 Steps
- Select the stamp menu item
- Select "Import DWF as Symbol Catalog"
- Browse to the desired DWF file
Autodesk Design Review 2009 Steps
- Select the symbol menu item
- Select "Create Catalog.."
- Browse to the desired DWF or DWFx file
Thoughts or comments?