With so many questions based around installation and setup, I thought it would make perfect sense to focus an article on our Autodesk Design Review 2009 installation instructions again.
Our Autodesk Design Review 2009 installation instructions provide details on how to
- Install Autodesk Design Review 2009 manually
- Install Autodesk Design Review 2009 silently, including
- Through MSI
- From a DOS prompt
- To change the path
- Install Autodesk Design Review 2009 for a small workgroup
- Create an image of the setup file at the “network_share” from which users in the workgroup can remotely install the product and only at the default path.
- Install Autodesk Design Review 2009 for mass deployment
- Remotely install the Design Review 2009 to a large number of workstations
- Reinstall or repair Autodesk Design Review 2009
- If you accidentally delete or alter files that are required by Design Review 2009, Design Review 2009 might not perform correctly, and you might receive error messages when you try to execute a command or find a file.
- Uninstall Autodesk Design Review 2009
- To remove all components
- Change the default file type
- Change default file type from DWFx to DWF.
- Prevent a desktop shortcut from being installed
Some important things to remember:
Only a user with administrative privileges can install Autodesk Design Review 2009. As a workaround, administrators can use one of the above stated deployment methods to push out the applications to those users, who do not have Administrator access rights.
When the Design Review 2009 installer detects an earlier version of Design Review, the earlier version will be uninstalled automatically before Design Review 2009 is installed. When an earlier version is detected, you will be prompted to either continue the installation or select a new file path to install Design Review 2009.
When manually installing Design Review 2009, previous versions of the DGN and JT Import Plug-ins will be automatically uninstalled. After installing Design Review 2009, download the 2009 version of the Import Plug-ins from Autodesk.com and install them separately.When Design Review 2009 is installed silently, previous versions of the DGN and JT Import Plug-ins will not be automatically uninstalled.
You can download the Autodesk Design Review 2009 Installation Documentation here.