When we asked the question, “DWF Writer for 64bit??”, the response was very positive. Encouraged by that enthusiasm, we’re proud to announce that Autodesk DWF Writer for 2D is now available for these 64-bit versions of Windows:
• Microsoft® Windows® 7 (Enterprise, Ultimate, Professional, Home Premium)
• Microsoft® Windows® Vista® (Enterprise, Business, Ultimate [SP1 or later])
• Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (SP2 or later)
As a system printer driver, you can select “Autodesk DWF Writer for 2D” as the printer to publish DWF files from many Windows programs, such as:
• Adobe® Acrobat® 9
• Bentley MicroStation V8i
• Google Chrome 5.0
• Microsoft® Excel® 2007, 2010
• Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 8
• Microsoft® PowerPoint® 2007, 2010
• Microsoft® Word 2007, 2010
• Mozilla Firefox™ 3.6.3
You may have noticed the “2D-ness” in the title of the Autodesk DWF Writer for 2D (64-bit) . Our customer research suggests that the DWF Writer is used primarily to publish 2D supporting design documentation. As a result, the 64-bit DWF Writer does not offer 3D support at this time. (Users of Autodesk programs, including AutoCAD-based products, Inventor and Revit, should use the built-in DWF publishing capabilities to create DWF files.) Also worth noting is that the 64-bit version is English-only.
Please download Autodesk DWF Writer for 2D (64-bit) and let us know what you think by adding your comments below.
We look forward to your feedback!